[ALUG] Working group 1 (Presentations and Idea Sharing)

send2kawia send2kawia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 11:50:27 EAT 2013

Hi everyone,

 There is a Google *CLOUD* Developer Challenge
http://www.google.com/events/gcdc2013/about.html.

I think this could be a great chance to get the momentum going , I will
participate and we could motivate people to participate in.

So about the ideas ,I can give a talk on Google App engine (and maybe the
cloud API) and the whole contest in general . Having participated( and
losing) the previous 2 challenges , I can share some experiences like where
I failed(I'll even show the reply from them) .

So my interests are related to this are

   1. Django <https://www.djangoproject.com/> ,one of the officially
   supported platforms by Google app engine,
   2. Big Data ,NoSQL and all the new cool buzzwords on databases
   3. Google Cloud API which I have no experience on at all.
   4. I could help on how to form a great idea to work on( like how your
   app should be data driven,what effective ways of using their APIs)

My other Interests are

   1.    Javascript (Nodejs a little)
   2.    Python
   3.    Angular.js
   4.    HTML and CSS(Bootstrap)
   5.    Jquery
   6.    REST and REST-ish APIs

*Basic things I'd like to learn from these meetups*
    1.Setting up a web server in Apache and/or Nginx ; Multiple/single
sites ,Control Panels ,multiple languages etc

 *Advanced things I'd like to learn*
   Setting up BIG DATA infrastructure with redundancy,scalability ,map
reduce and distributed systems. Basically I'd to be able to set up and
infrastructure that supports data-intensive distributed applications server.
I think that's problem worth working on.
    It could be a joint effort.