[ALUG] Working group 1 (Presentations and Idea Sharing)

Richard 1.liseki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 11:01:23 EAT 2013

Hi guys,

Thanks to Kawia (sorry I don't know if that's your actual name) for the
contribution. I think a few ideas are coming along here:

1. A panel discussion on different languages. So far it seems we can
include JavaScript, Ruby, Python, C, and maybe even Erlang.
2. Google App Engine and the Developer Challenge
3. Introduction to web frameworks (Django & Rails)
4. Evolution of JavaScript, from jQuery to Angular (and Ember, Backbone et
al)
5. I would like to given one on learning to be a better programmer, I think
it's important to learn how to learn.
6. Another possibility if people are interested is infrastructure
configuration and automation with Chef.

Given that the Google Developer Challenge is on the horizon, I suggest we
start with that. What do you think? Once we agree on our first topic then
we can work on the date and logistics.