[TZGISUG] Fwd: Tanzania Cartography Rules / Guideline?

Simon Mwansasu smwansasu at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:27:33 EAT 2016

Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) is the only answer to such pertinent worries.

The question is how do we go about it? Who takes the lead?

Given their national mandate in mapping issue, the Survey and Mapping Division (SMD) seems a natural entity to lead the way. Are they up to the challenge?

Who can organize a national conference to to brainstorm on such important issue? Only serious entities (public or private) should attend the meeting though the invitation must be extended to all! No attendance/sitting or transport allowance to such a meeting. Interested entities must meet their own costs for attending such an important meeting.

Just thinking aloud!

Simon L.A. Mwansasu (PhD)

Lecturer / Research Fellow

Coordinator - Remote Sensing/GIS & IT