[TZGISUG] Geo-locations of TZ district capitals?

Mike Shand Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk
Sat Sep 13 12:28:19 EAT 2014

Dear All,

Please note that the majority of locations in the Geonames dataset is
only accurate to 2-3 decimal places (approx 2 km) and rounded to
quarter, third, half two-thirds or three- quarter of a degree.  If you
zoom in to any area with many point locations you will see the locations
appear in a linear or grid type pattern as rounded values.  The dataset
if probably OK to use at small scales for cities etc but use it with
caution at larger scales or precise locations such as hotels, roads,
dams etc.
E.G. around Zanzibar

Regards,
Mike