[TZGISUG] Any interest in QGIS training in Tanzania?

Howard Frederick simbamangu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 10:34:22 EAT 2014

Hi all -

The Tanzania Conservation Resource Centre occasionally hosts training in
GIS, R and other scientific methods training, bringing in top-level
instructors.

There has been some interest in attending QGIS courses recently, and we are
thinking of August and/or December trainings. I would like to see not only
basic QGIS training but an advanced course covering aspects of:

   - PostGIS use;
   - Analysis with GRASS;
   - Integration with R.

If anyone or their institution is interested, we'd like to hear about:

   - Interest in a basic vs. advanced QGIS course;
   - Dates of interest, or if there are other events coming up that would
   be good to work around;

Please email back to this list so we can get a discussion going!

Regards -

Howard