[TZGISUG] Raster analysis in QGIS

Pekka Hurskainen pekka.hurskainen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 10:34:58 EAT 2014

Hi,

Yes its not really the right forum - you should repost it to QGIS-User
list. However, I strongly suggest updating to QGIS 2, it handles raster
much better, and the Sextante plugin is now integrated to the core QGIS -
it's now simply called "Processing". If you're under Windows, I recommend
installing it through OSGeo4W installer, in that way it's easy even to
install other necessary software like Saga, Grass, Orfeo Toolbox. Together
all these will make your QGIS much more powerful than alone, and best of
all, you can use all of them straight from QGIS Processing toolbox.

What you refer as stratifying - have you tried the raster calculator ?
There is one in QGIS, but much better ones in Saga and Grass.

Btw. QGIS 2.2 is scheduled to be released today, anxiously waiting for that!

Pekka