[TZGISUG] Census Maps 2012

Aloyce Kaliba aloyce_k at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 20:54:52 EAT 2013

Is the shapefile with population of the regions and districts available?

Aloyce

"Only evil, Godless men would make the color of a man's skin the criteria for granting him civil rights."
Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere, 1960

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:22 AM, mailys chauvin <mailyschauvin at yahoo.fr> wrote:

Than you Mike ! This is interesting, thanks !

>Dr Maïlys Chauvin
>Géographe
>LAM (Les Afriques dans le Monde)
>UMR 5115 CNRS,
>Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Bordeaux, France.
>Mob. : 00 33 6 98 96 30 59
>

>Le Mardi 5 novembre 2013 23h31, Mike Shand <Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk> a écrit :
>
>Dear All,
>
>Thought I would share these population map links with you.
>
>This is a simple outline map that I quickly and easily created in
    QGIS and uploaded to the QGIS Cloud so users can view the NBS 2012 Census region/district boundaries overlaid on either Google Imagery or OpenStreet map.  The map is zoom-able and click-able and includes basic census 2012 attribute data.
>http://qgiscloud.com/MShand/Tanzania_Census2012
>
>Another example on how to map Census data online in a very neat way
    :
>http://www.citypopulation.de/Tanzania.html
>
>I am sure we all look forward to getting access to the Ward and
    Village level data once it is released.