[ALUG] Is a college degree required for computer programming?

Tim Schofield tim.schofield1960 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 22:27:21 EAT 2014

I did my degree in Mathematics, and have never been in a formal computer
class. But I have been programming for fun and profit for over 30 years.
Like a lot of programmers of my generation I learned to program sat in
front of my ZX-81 and z80 manual open in front of me. Programming is an art
like carpentry and cooking as Richard said. You can teach a cook what
ingredients to put in and how long to cook it for but they wont produce
cordon bleu without that artistic ability.

Just my 2p :-)
Tim

--
Course View Towers,