[ALUG] January 2014 meetup

Richard 1.liseki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 08:17:03 EAT 2014

Hi guys,

Warm wishes for the new year!

Let's pick up where we left off in 2013; sharing ideas and learning
experiences.

So far we have covered:
1. Google App Engine and the Developer Challenge
2. The Art of Learning
3. Introduction to web frameworks (Django & Rails)

And we have the following topics to come up:
1. Evolution of JavaScript, from jQuery to Angular (and Ember, Backbone et
al)
2. Another possibility if people are interested is infrastructure
configuration and automation with Chef.
3. Introduction to NoSQL databases and Big Data
4. What is bitcoin and does it matter?
5. Setting up an SMS gateway
6. Hands on with AJAX (JavaScript)

With everyone settled into the new year we can have our first 2014 session
before the end of the month. Tentatively we could say Thursday January 30,
2014.

Kawia has suggested #6 (Hands on with AJAX) which he will present. Kawia
will you be ready by 30th?