[ALUG] CGI Script

Andreas Tauscher ta at lonestar-bbs.de
Sun Mar 10 23:57:53 EAT 2013

Am 05.03.2013 16:12, schrieb Hamisi Jabe:
> Thanks for the Updates,
>
> I tried to run the scripts on a command line  and they gave some errors
> like below
>
> passwd.cgi: passwd.cgi: cannot execute binary file

Binary? From core 8 aka Werewolf? Was IMHO 2007. Then for shure libs and
anything else is not longer compatible.
You can check with ldd passwd.cgi which libs it requires.

> and another file gave the below error
>
> line 35: syntax error near unexpected token
> `$clientaddr,$clientname,$clientuser,$clientgroup,$targetgroup,$url'

Perl like several other script languages changed some syntax to force
users to update their scripts and remove obsolete marked structures.
For Example PHP does not longer support the shortcut <? instead of <?PHP
because it often causes trouble with XML. (Anyway most distributions
still have the shortcut still enabled)
The unfair thing with such errors: The syntax error must not be in line
35. It can be anywhere. A forgotten {@,; a wrong linebreak or what
ever.... A editor with syntax highlighting and routine folding is helpfull.

> i took the files from fedora core 8 which was running mail server and my
> staffs were able to change their password on a webbased style, now am
> trying to run the script on centos 6.2 but they are giving the errors

> I am using squirrelmail
> No plugin for changing password course i donwloaded that of squirrelmail
> installed, when you change password it says password changed but not
> really
> For IMAP server am using dovecot
> linux account users who can log in on the system from the webmail and read
> their mails

The users have real accounts or are they virtual users? Which of the 7
plugins for changing password are you using?

Andreas