[TZGISUG] Tanzania crowdsourced mapping project selected for Open Seventeen challenge

Janet Chapman j.chapman at tanzdevtrust.org
Wed Feb 24 16:46:07 EAT 2016

In February our  Crowd2Map Tanzania <https://crowd2map.wordpress.com/>
project was one of the 7 projects selected in the
<http://openseventeen.org/> Open Seventeen challenge, which rallies the
public to use open data as a means of achieving the 17 Sustainable
Development Goals as proposed but the UN in September 2015! We are now
excited to carry on with the help of O17 partners - Citizen Cyberlab
<http://www.citizencyberlab.org/> , The GovLab <http://www.thegovlab.org/> ,
ONE <http://www.one.org/international/>  and SciFabric
<http://scifabric.com/> ! We're tackling Goal 11: creating sustainable
cities & communities and Goal 4: education through technology.Goal 11:
creating sustainable cities & communities and Goal 4: education through
technology.

 As part of the project we are organizing a triple mapping day in
Dar+London+Vilnius  involving Marieme Jamme from Africa Gathering, Rosy
Mondardini from O17 and Egle Marija Ramanauskaite from Technology.org  on
Saturday May 7th.  This will be a fun female-friendly competition-hackathon
between the three "camps", as all will compare the results at the end, and
bridge techies in the 3 locations via video conference and chat throughout
the event across locations.  This will be coupled with a "challenge" for the
locals, e.g. three areas/schools/villages will  compete between themselves,
i.e. who adds the most resources. Current data is here
<http://plus.epicollect.net/TDTschoolsResourceMap/Resources>  Instructions
to add data are here.
<https://dochub.com/janetchapman/55m2Yl/epicollectplus-instructions?dt=atrmq
rjn337gtmn2>