[TZGISUG] Cell Tower Placement

Jeffrey Dickinson jeffrey.dickinson at graduateinstitute.ch
Fri Nov 13 03:08:22 EAT 2015

I think I can try to extract it with just a bit of work from the the Gates
website. I tried looking at OpenSignal also. They have tower locations on
there with lat/lon but I don't know the source of these data; the related
app is kind of a crowdsourcing thing for mapping cell coverage. It seems to
me there should be way more towers though than OpenSignal has...

Although there are some ways to get this data "second-hand" I think I will
still try to pursue this directly with someone from the telecom cos since
they must have access to this if they are servicing these sites actively
etc. Any help/advice/contacts on that front are appreciated.

-Jeff

PhD candidate, Development Economics
jeffrey.dickinson at graduateinstitute.ch

*THE GRADUATE INSTITUTE **| GENEVA*
Institut de hautes études internationales et du développement
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
CP 136 - 1211 Genève 21 - Suisse
http://graduateinstitute.ch