[TZGISUG] 2012 ward-level census data joined to ward shapefiles?

Nick McWilliam (MapAction) nmcwilliam at mapaction.org
Wed Nov 4 18:35:38 EAT 2015

Dear All -

I'm doing some mapping for Red Cross, who are helping in the response to the
ongoing cholera outbreak.

I wondered if anyone might already have joined the 2012 census results to
the NBS ward shapefile
<http://www.nbs.go.tz/nbstz/index.php/english/statistics-by-subject/populati
on-and-housing-census>  please? Is this available? It's not a simple join,
as the census data aren't geocoded, and some ward names are repeated in
different regions, so I didn't want to re-do the work if it's already done.

Also, I wondered if anyone knows of geocoded school locations please?

For health facilities, I'm looking at:
http://opendata.go.tz/dataset/list-of-health-facilities-with-geographical-lo
cation

Many thanks,