[TZGISUG] Iringa soil maps

Mike Shand Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk
Sat Jun 6 00:02:25 EAT 2015

Amar,

Another option is through the ILRI website
<http://192.156.137.110/gis/search.asp?opCountry=LIKE&tbCountry=Tanzania&opTheme=LIKE&tbtheme=&opBoolean=AND&display=Brief&submit1=Submit>.
 From here you can download the shapefile showing the distribution of
the various soil types in Tanzania as per the FAO classifications.
Unfortunately it will not be too detailed at District level, maybe
useful at 1:1,000,000 or 1:500,000 map scales.

The EuDASM
<http://eusoils.jrc.ec.europa.eu/esdb_archive/EuDASM/Africa/lists/ctz.htm>
website has a large number of old scanned paper maps for Soils,
Vegetation etc, again not too detailed at District level, mainly at
1:2,000,000 scale.

Regards,
Mike