[TZGISUG] Geo-locations of TZ district capitals?

Pekka Hurskainen pekka.hurskainen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:22:04 EAT 2014

Dear Ruth,

You could have a look at Geonames, it has a quite good gazetteer of place
names worldwide, including Tanzania. Under "Free gazetteer data" look for
TZ.zip and download it. Inside you'll find ASCII file with spatial
information given in lat/long coordinates. Feature codes are listed at
http://www.geonames.org/export/codes.html - you should be able to find
district capitals there...

BR

Pekka Hurskainen