[TZGISUG] global 30m land cover dataset

Anna Estes anna.estes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 23:02:46 EAT 2014

Hi Everyone,

Please see the following announcement:

Dear friends:
On the Sept 22, our 30 meter global land cover data sets, GlobeLand30,
had been handed over by China to United Nations to support the globl
climate change studies and sustanable develeopment.Now you can view and
get the data from the websites(glc30.tianditu.com
<http://glc30.tianditu.com> or www.globallandcover.com
<http://www.globallandcover.com/>). Here are some news reports.

http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?page=view&type=12&nr=1058&menu=1556
http://unstats.un.org/unsd/GlobeLand30.htm
http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2014/sgsm16170.doc.htm

I hope this will contribute to the global research data infrastructures
supporting biodiversity and ecosystem sciences. I am looking forward to
discuss with you on future collaboration.
Best regards
Chen Jun
ISPRS president/ GEO SB-2 co-corrdinator
2014/9/29

I can't speak to the accuracy of this product, or even how it was
created, as I am just trying to download the tiles for TZ myself, but I
thought some of you might be interested in taking a look. It has cover
products for both 2000 and 2010, so if it is a decent product, it could
be very useful.

Download tip: When entering in the tile numbers you would like to
download, please note that it is case sensitive.

All the best,

Anna