[TZGISUG] SHAPEFILES

Ragnvald Larsen ragnvald at mindland.com
Mon Dec 1 15:20:24 EAT 2014

The most decent publicly available data set for streets/roads is
OpenStreetMap. If you are not happy with the quality/detail you could
always add data there yourself :-)

Download OpenStreetMap data here:

http://download.geofabrik.de/africa/tanzania.html

Depending on your purposes and your position you could get access to
governmental data. You would then have to write a letter to the relevant
authorities. For Cadastral data I would contact Johnson Kashaija at the
Ministry of Lands Housing and Urban Settlement Development. His email is
johnsebby2006 (at) yahoo.com

Cheers!

Ragnvald