[TZGISUG] Village/Wards-Tanzania

mailys chauvin mailyschauvin at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 13 13:15:14 EAT 2013

Same observation.

Dr Maïlys Chauvin
Géographe
LAM (Les Afriques dans le Monde)
UMR 5115 CNRS,
Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Bordeaux, France.
Mob. : 00 33 6 98 96 30 59

________________________________
 De : "smwansasu at ira.udsm.ac.tz" <smwansasu at ira.udsm.ac.tz>
À : Tanzania GIS Users Group Discussion <tzgisug at lists.habari.co.tz>
Cc : "tzgisug at mail.habari.co.tz" <tzgisug at mail.habari.co.tz>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 13 juin 2013 8h33
Objet : Re: [TZGISUG] Village/Wards-Tanzania

Dear All

The issue is, how good is the data?

There are some strange looking straight lines that I very much doubt to be
actual village boundaries. We did generate GIS layers for Geita District
and the village boundaries are based on maps produced by Survey and
Mapping Division when the villages were surveyed (2002). I will compare
that part and come back with some comments

Simon Mwansasu
Institute of Resource Assessment
University of Dar es Salaam.

Web Site: http://www.tzgisug.org