[TZGISUG] Population data 2012

Mike Shand Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jan 29 13:53:27 EAT 2014

Hi Steve,

The "Village Statistics.pdf" file that was on the NBS website was taken
off just before Christmas with a note saying "under maintenance", it has
not reappeared.  Latest I have heard through NBS was that "Brief update:
mtaa-level census data is expected to be out by early Feb. " -  I assume
that is only the statistics, the GIS boundaries are not due until June.

I have a copy of the "Village Statistics.pdf" file (3Mb) which has the
2012 Population Distribution by Region, District, Ward and Village/Mtaa
- not sure now how reliable it is and why it is "under maintenance".

Regards,
Mike