[ALUG] Learn how to delete Google recordings

ta at geuka.net ta at geuka.net
Thu Jul 20 03:12:16 EAT 2017

On 2017-07-17 16:38, Ismail Settenda via Linux wrote:

> F.Y.I
>
> Hmmm,...looks like the price of the free things is gonna start showing
> its real price and soon.

There is no free meal. Everything has it's price. The things for free
are often the most expensive things.

Nearly all things can be built without google, dropbox, skype, google
analytics, bing etc.....
Setting up is not this comfortable like a few taps on the phone,
klicking away the terms and conditions unread and done. But possible and
then I know where my files are and when I delete them they are deleted.
Cloud = Can't LOcate Users Data

Pretty interesting and most don't know how valuable are already the
metadata is.
After whatsapp rolled out end-to-end encryption for all users they can't
filter spam anymore by checking the messages, whatsapp can't read them
anymore. But is not needed. The connection metadata is enough.
A short 18 minutes talk of a whatsapp developer how they fight spam
after e2e encryption was launched:
https://www.usenix.org/conference/enigma2017/conference-program/presentation/jones

Andreas