[ALUG] Fwd: Re:Important Information Regarding Devices Running Older airOS Software

Titus T. ttituskayz16 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:40:26 EAT 2016

Just FYI,

Regards,
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Simplifi Networks" <info at simplifinetworks.com>
Date: May 17, 2016 3:31 AM
Subject: Re:Important Information Regarding Devices Running Older airOS
Software
To: <ttituskayz16 at gmail.com>

View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=965b15e37319221a814005499&id=85930ec76e&e=96af217d60>

EAST AFRICAS ONLY AUTHORISED *DIRECT* UBIQUITI DISTRIBUTOR
AND
MIKROTIK MASTER DISTRIBUTOR
     *Subject: Urgent - Ubiquiti Security Updates*
Hello,

We have learned about a security issue relating to Ubiquiti products. If
you are running the latest firmware, you do not need to worry and you
should feel safe about the level of security and reliability of Ubiquiti
products.

If you are NOT using the latest firmware you are asked to upgrade as soon
as possible. See below for firmware versions.

*More Details and Tools*

In the last week we’ve seen an unusual number of reports about Ubiquiti
devices being compromised and getting infected with a virus/worm.

We wanted to reach out to as many customers as possible to warn of the
potential for this attack and provide some information to help protect your
devices and prevent this from happening.

This only affects devices using outdated firmware.

We have provided a fix / patch tool you can use in case any devices on your
network have become affected:
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-General-Discussion/Malware-Removal-Tool-05-15-2016/m-p/1564953#U1564953
<http://simplifinetworks.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=965b15e37319221a814005499&id=b482775c77&e=96af217d60>

We also strongly encourage the following tips to ensure your devices are
protected:
1) Run the latest firmware! There are various security vulnerabilities we
have fixed in the last year.
2) Block access to management interfaces (SSH, HTTP, HTTPS) from
outside/public access via firewall rules
3) Change default ubnt/ubnt login credentials

If you have any questions, please email us* info at simplifinetworks.com
<info at simplifinetworks.com>*

Best Regards,
Ubiquiti Networks and Simplifi Networks
*Simplifi Networks is the Distributor for Ubiquiti products*

  *Checking Your Devices* *Devices running the following firmware are NOT
affected:*

Visit our Simplifi Networks website - *www.simplifinetworks.com
<http://www.simplifinetworks.com>* for more details and to download the
datasheets.

MOBILE: +254 (0) 727 401 262 / 722 734 768 / 737 296186 KENYA OFFICE
MOBILE: +256 (0) 758 937 003 <%280%29%C2%A0758%20937%20003> UGANDA OFFICE*

This email was sent to ttituskayz16 at gmail.com
*why did I get this?*
<http://simplifinetworks.us9.list-manage.com/about?u=965b15e37319221a814005499&id=0e7cc23c17&e=96af217d60&c=85930ec76e>
    unsubscribe from this list
<http://simplifinetworks.us9.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=965b15e37319221a814005499&id=0e7cc23c17&e=96af217d60&c=85930ec76e>
    update subscription preferences
<http://simplifinetworks.us9.list-manage.com/profile?u=965b15e37319221a814005499&id=0e7cc23c17&e=96af217d60>
Simplifi Networks Limited · Karen · P.O Box 15097-00509, Karen, Nairobi,
KENYA · Nairobi 00509 · Kenya

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=965b15e37319221a814005499&afl=1>