[ALUG] Comparison Between Cisco and Mikrotik Swithes/Routers

Ismail Settenda ismailmss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:04:15 EAT 2016

Both are great....but kinder depends on what you want to do or accomplish.

Cisco seems the preferred cause for established businesses and has tended
to be quite stable and reliable. Rigid in its set-up but is the trusted
choice for most.

Mikrotik,is the new kid on the block; versatile and claims to offer alot of
features (B/W mgt, VLAN, OSPF,Caching,Filtering,e.t.c ) that some have
tested and work pretty well others have defeated me to setup right and
others have I think been overly exaggerated but they all would ordinary
cost you alot of money if you were to want or require the same services
running on Cisco which would would cost you alot more both in hardware,
paperwork and cash.....:-).

IMHO, for start-ups and small businesses who need to experiment and tweak
stuff to suffer the competition... Mirkotik is are very good choice and
good value for your money. For the more established with larger staff and
some dough play with...then Cisco is a safe choice.

Hope that helps.

Best regards
--
Ismail M. Settenda | PGP E3C9C8A0