[ALUG] Mozilla will obsolete HTTP

Tim Schofield tim.schofield1960 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:54:40 EAT 2015

This "feels" wrong to me. It seems like another way to move the web
into being owned by governments and corporations and away from it's
free, open and transparent founding principles. Yes there are sites
that should obviously be https only, but there are also sites where it
would be unnecessary. It is not up to the likes of Google/NSA/Mozilla
to force this onto us. They would be better looking at the
insecurities in their JS/ActiveX engines that allow malware to get
installed if a user goes to an insecure site.

Just my 2p
Tim