[ALUG] Job Vacancy : Team Lead - Website Development

Kambey L. Kisambu kambeylk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:17:55 EAT 2015

   - *Job Vacancy > * Team Lead - Website Development
   *Location >* Dar Es Salaam
   *Position Type > * Full Time
   *Organization Type > * Company
   - *Website > * http://www.pinpointafricamedia.com

Application Deadline: 23 Feb 2015
Team Lead - Website Development POSITION DESCRIPTION:

ABOUT PINPOINT AFRICA MEDIA

PinPoint Africa Media is a Digital Media Agency & Content Network in Dar es
Salaam, Tanzania. Established in October 2012, the PinPoint Network is
currently comprised of 26 of Tanzania's top websites where we deliver
nearly 60 Million ad impressions to over 1.8 Million people each month.
PinPoint provides digital media planning, buying and evaluation services
across the PinPoint Network, Google Ad Network, Facebook and other social
media platforms. In addition to managing client digital ad buys, PinPoint
also develops custom websites for companies large and small, and we are in
the process of redesigning many of the sites in the PinPoint Network. As we
continue to grow, our need for talented web developers and designers grows
as well.

Currently, we seek to fill the position of Team Lead - Website Development.
Successful candidates will have demonstrable expertise in leading database
design, and PHP coding, for websites. Successful candidates will also have
excellent communication, project management, and team management skills.

If you have the skills and experience as described below and are highly
motivated by the opportunity to develop and/or improve some of Tanzania's
most highly trafficked websites, we encourage you to apply and join our
growing team.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Management:
* Recruit and oversee all PinPoint website development staff.
* Attend client meetings during the pitch process, understand the
businesses needs, recommend functionalities to achieve the businesses
needs, and attend client review meetings as necessary.
* Work closely with Design Team, Account Managers and Ad Traffickers to
propose and implement functionality in direct support of specific
advertising campaigns. (i.e. contests, registrations, etc.)
* Work closely with Designers, Account Managers, Senior Management and
other members of the PinPoint Team to produce detailed specification
documents with clear project deliverables and timelines.
* Estimate project time requirements, and to ensure timely completion of
deliverables.

Development:
* Work closely with the Design Team and Client Manager to engage in
outside-the-box thinking to propose innovative and effective solutions.
* Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing
website software or CMSs or both.
* Test websites or applications, identify and fix any technical problems.
* Upload sites onto a server and register them with different search
engines.
* Communicate to the Client Manager with efficiency and accuracy any
progress and/or delays.
* Alert colleagues of emerging technologies or applications and the
opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
* Develop and share innovative, reusable Web-based tools.

REQUIRED SKILLS:
Candidates MUST have the following to be considered:
* Proven ability to write HTML code.
* Must be able to find supporting JavaScript Libraries.
* Must be able to optimize site code and database queries to optimize site
speed.
* Proven ability to code in Object Oriented PHP.
* Experience working with PHP Frameworks such as CodeIgniter, CakePHP,
Zend, Yii etc.
* Proven development experience using the Drupal framework.
* Proven ability to create and query relational databases using MySQL.
* Must have good knowledge of JavaScript and various libraries such as
JQuery.
* Must be able to multi task and manage different projects.
* Ability to quickly learn to customize and implement our custom project
focused CMS .
* Excellent English communication skills.

If invited for an interview, you WILL BE TESTED on key skills noted above.

PREFERENCES
Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following:
* Although we typically produce bespoke websites using the CodeIgniter,
experience with other platforms such as Wordpress and Joomla is highly
beneficial as some of our clients require their websites remain on such a
platform.
* Ability to style HTML Content with CSS (Knowledge of CSS3 is preferred).
* Experience with HTML5 will be an added advantage.
* Ability to use GIT (or a similar tool) for Source Code Management.
* Mobile Site and Mobile Application development experience.
* Working knowledge of flash ActionScript.

SALARY
* An attractive salary and benefits package experience and skills will be
offered to the right candidate.

Please visit www.PinPointAfricaMedia.com for more information.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Submit your CV and a well written cover letter that clearly communicates
how your past work experience qualifies you for the position by Monday,
February 23, 2015.
Regards

--

Kambey L. Kisambu
ICT Officer  -   Systems and Networks
Email: kambey.lotoishe at ega.go.tz
Personal Email: kambeylk at gmail.com

Website: www.ega.go.tz

<http://www.ega.go.tz/>

 "*You Are Never Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream"*