[ALUG] SYSTEM BETA TESTING &

Lomayani S. Laizer lomlaizer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 07:41:02 EAT 2015

You can get trusted certificate from startssl for free. Link is
https://www.startssl.com/ . Follow below instruction how get it work

This is almost always the best option. It doesn't cost you money and will
give you a basic trustworthy certificate that most browsers and email
clients will accept.

Create a key file:

openssl genrsa -des3 -out /etc/ssl/private/mailserver.pem 4096

Create a certificate signing request (CSR) file from that key:

openssl req -new
-key /etc/ssl/private/mailserver.pem -out /etc/ssl/certs/mailserver.csr

You will be asked for several pieces of information. Enter whatever you
like. The only important field is the "Common Name" that must contain the
fully-qualified host name that you want your server to be known on the
internet.

Now go to StartSSL <https://www.startssl.com/?app=12> and sign up for an
account. Use the "Validation Wizard" to validate your email address first.
Then use the validation wizard again to validate the domain you want to use
for your email server.

Then use the "Certificates Wizard" to create a "Web Server SSL/TLS
certificate". Choose your email domain, paste the contents of the CSR file
you created previously and if all goes well receive your certificate file.
Move that file to /etc/ssl/certs/mailserver.pem.

In addition to the Apache configuration described below please ensure to
install the chaining certificate, too. A sample configuration section is
available in the StartSSL documentation <http://www.startssl.com/?app=21>.

--

Lomayani