[ALUG] Five best Linux applications for enterprises

Hamisi Jabe administrator at banana.co.tz
Wed Jan 22 10:37:10 EAT 2014

Dear Adili,

Thanks for pointing CentOS as the robust / reliable os for mission
critical servers, and its my favorite too.  How about Debian/Ubuntu.
Some said if you want to run latest packages version, you have to use
either Debian/Ubuntu but Centos is not updated, how to you look into
this point,

If i look into Centos the kernel is still 2.6.xxx and some packages are
older, when it comes to Debian/Ubuntu the kernel is 3.2.xxxx and the
pakages are latest

is there any comment on this please

Thanks

--