[ALUG] January 2014 meetup

Richard 1.liseki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:33:10 EAT 2014

You asked a good question Godlisten. Kawia can give a more particular
answer about whether or not he'll cover some JavaScript basics.

However for those who know nothing or very little about JavaScript I think
you can always benefit from such a session. Even if 90% of what is spoken
goes over your head you'll still be learning, and later when you do develop
more proficiency that 90% will begin to make sense. This has been my
experience.

Say you are a tennis player. If you insist in always playing with people
who are not "better" than you then you will not improve. When you play with
someone who is "better" than you and you always lose, you'll be learning a
tremendous amount. In fact those lopsided matches will be of more benefit
to you than the "better" player. Even if you can't immediately see it, you
are constantly improving because of the challenge in front of you. This is
true of programming, tennis, cooking, art, pretty much any endeavour.

And by the way "better" is relative, some of us know this, others know that