[ALUG] Possible topics to include for one week hands-on-training.

ALC Training Coordinator training at unix.or.tz
Mon Apr 14 13:18:57 EAT 2014

Dear fellow I.T enthusiasts,

We working to host a training in a Arusha sometime in September and also
assisting in preparations to host TzNOG in Mwanza hopefully in August.

In the past we have focused on basic Linux, basic networking and basic
system admin topics like setting up a firewall and/or DHCP, DNS and web
server. We also recently started including network security and system
monitoring as tracks which also briefly cover the basics.

I am writing to get a feel of whether these topics were adequate and so
continue as is or if they are not.! Then what topics would be of interest
or would ALUG members would find relevant. Your inputs would be most useful
in designing a course track that best suits our needs.

Best regards

--
Ismail

P.S. Please excuse any omissions or errors as this email has been sent on
the xoom.