[ALUG] Joining Windows domain

Andreas Tauscher ta at geuka.net
Tue Apr 8 18:53:47 EAT 2014

On 04/08/2014 05:32 PM, Lord Ferdinand wrote:

> I have got some challenge i want to join Linux Mint 11 on Window Domain
> and am trying to install " Likewise" and "Likewise- open- gui" but it
> fails pls anyone can help the steps

First: Please no thread hijacking.
Second: Give a mail a somehow meaningful subject. "Intrusion Prevention
and Detection System (IPDS)" has no relation to your problem.
Third: Avoid full quotes. Delete from the mail you are replying to what
is not needed. The quoting rules from the usenet apply also to mailing
lists: https://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html This rules make
replies easy readable and understandable without the need to permanent
cross reference with other mails or permanent up and down scrolling a
message. In-line quoting is the only correct way to quote on mailing lists.
Full quotes are in general a no go.
If the receiver can't organize his mails: His problem.
Threaded view, not having a sent folder, using IMAP instead of POP,
sieve filters and sub folders are extremely helpful to keep even hundred
thousands of mails organized and searchable.
Do you send back photocopies of any former conversation when replying to
a snail mail? So why when writing an email?

Now to your problem:
The information you provide is all over zero.
What is failing? It fails is not a description of a problem.
What do you want to do?
Accessing shares within the domain?
Authenticating users?
How are account administrated within the domain? "normal" or
ActiveDirectory?

If you provide a little bit more details about what you want to do and
what exact fails somebody might help you.

Andreas