[ALUG] Working group 1 (Presentations and Idea Sharing)

Richard 1.liseki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:19:47 EAT 2013

Hi guys,

I was waiting on Kawia to reply on whether he (or she?) wanted to take the
first session to talk about the Google Developer Challenge but since the
week has passed by I'm going to take the initiative here. I propose we have
our first session Thursday October 3, 2013 at 5:45PM. I will present the
topic which will be "The Art of Learning." I think it is apt as a first
session since the goal here is share experiences and help each other get
better.

The presentation will cover how to learn and become better at what you do,
different modes of learning, and how to get to mastery of a craft. There
will be focus given to both people already working on a job and students,
although most of the ideas apply to both groups. There won't be any
interactive programming but mostly going over ideas and approaches. As such
we won't need wifi but I think most people will find it useful to take some
notes. After all the goal is that you might apply some of these ideas in
making yourself better at what you do.

The presentation will be around 20 - 30 minutes and after that we can have
a Q&A session. So I estimate an hour for the entire session.

In the mean time we need to find a place/room and a projector; any thoughts
on that Ismail?