[ALUG] Bitcoin

Andreas Tauscher ta at lonestar-bbs.de
Thu Oct 31 13:29:24 EAT 2013

On 31.10.2013 09:58, Erik Rowberg wrote:
> http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/29/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home
>
> I dismissed this some time ago as not feasible, I still have some doubts
> but wonder if this might be interesting to discuss, specifically how we
> should be ready and involved in arusha.
>
> Germany recognizied it as a currency.

Revenue authority: If they smell an option to squeeze money out of you,
they will do it ;)

In the US they are also recogized, indirect because Bitcoins are now
under the money laundry law.

And on the 9. October the first Bitcoin ATM was set up in the US.
5 other should follow in October in Canada and other ATMs are ordered
for Helsinki, Kopenhagen, Stockholm and Paris.

http://www.coindesk.com/robocoin-bitcoin-atms-to-be-installed-in-canada/
http://www.paymentssource.com/news/the-bitcoin-atms-first-owner-is-a-payments-industry-insider-3015647-1.html

Andreas