[ALUG] What to do in November?

Richard 1.liseki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 08:48:52 EAT 2013

Hi guys,

This was the preliminary list of session topics we came up with a couple of
months ago:

1. A panel discussion on different languages. So far it seems we can
include JavaScript, Ruby, Python, C, and maybe even Erlang.
2. Google App Engine and the Developer Challenge
3. Introduction to web frameworks (Django & Rails)
4. Evolution of JavaScript, from jQuery to Angular (and Ember, Backbone et
al)
5. I would like to given one on learning to be a better programmer, I think
it's important to learn how to learn.
6. Another possibility if people are interested is infrastructure
configuration and automation with Chef.
7. Introduction to NoSQL databases and Big Data

So far we have covered #2 and #5. What would you be interested in doing in
the next session? It could be something on the list or something different
all together. If you have something that you would like to present on, even
better :) we welcome more presenters.